Friday, October 29, 2010

Presentation to Washington County Public Affairs Forum

I've been asked to make a presentation to the Washington County Public Affairs Forum in a week. Jayne Scott, Director of the Beaverton Arts Commission, invited me to share the journey that Amato's Gallery has taken since last February when local artists joined with Karen Amato and her floral design business. We've undergone a number of significant changes since then, including refurbishing and moving into a formerly empty store front on SW Broadway in Beaverton's historic district. 

What should I talk about, what should I say? I decided to let the artwork do most of the talking for me since we are so fortunate to represent twelve very talented and diverse award-winning artists. Our gallery displays an outstanding assortment of sculpture in glass, metal, stone and clay; memorable two-dimensional images in oil, acrylic, pastel and watercolor; and stylish hand-crafted jewelry. I've included some images here that will be part of the power point presentation.



I'll also share how proud we are to be able to showcase the talent of local artists and to establish a welcoming fine art gallery within our own community. Collaboration works, and Amato's is certainly a good example of how indiviiduals' dreams, efforts, and talents can combine to achieve a group's goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment