Thursday, May 2, 2013

Surrounded by Beauty

As I sit here staffing the gallery today, I am in awe of the beauty around me. The entire gallery is such a source of pride for me because I know each and every artist who created these works. What talented and supportive friends I have!

I'm facing the paintings and glass pieces that are featured this month in "Conversations in Glass & Paint." Nikki Dilbeck's latest acrylic pieces explode with color and texture; each piece is uniquely different from the next, but the paintings flow together cohesively as my eyes read the paintings on the wall left to right. Many of the swirls and chunks of color in the paintings are repeated in the blown glass vessels by Susette Wilson that rest on a series of pedestals beneath Nikki's paintings. It's as if the two artists sat side by side through every step of their creative journeys.


"Quarto" Acrylic, 24x18 by Nikki Dilbeck


 Blown Glass Bowl by Susette Wilson




The gallery will honor Nikki and Susette at an Artists Reception on Saturday, May 4, 6-9 p.m.

Come join us in an evening of fun, refreshments and good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment